Seasoned real estate attorney and broker with 16 years of legal, business and management experience in the legal field, including significant in-house experience, as well as 23 years as a real estate professional. Particular focus on retail shopping centers and office/commercial real estate transactions through all transaction lifecycle points, from the first phone call, through location and site selection, purchase/sale contract drafting, financing, due diligence and closing. Transaction representation is equally split between buyers and sellers, and tenants and landlords.
- Structuring and negotiating large and complex transactions and all required and desired documentation.
- Creating and initiating business processes for long-term financial planning of shopping centers (strategic tenanting).
- Managing transactions, including attorneys, brokers and agents, contractors, title and escrow teams, tenants, buyers and sellers, in order to assure smooth transactions.
- Managed (including acquisitions and dispositions) of a single-client, private portfolio of properties totaling $600,000,000, comprised of over 3,000,000 square feet of shopping centers, medical buildings, office towers, hotel, marinas and land
- Negotiated and closed countless shopping center leases for a famous international clothier
- Initiated, negotiated, drafted all agreements, and closed 7th largest roof-top solar project in the world
- Analyzed particularly troublesome national-tenant lease and discovered an issue that led to an $8,000,000 windfall for the landlord
- Countless residential purchases/sales in NY, Nevada and California
- Countless retail, office, medical building, industrial and commercial leases
- Arcadia Hub Shopping Center sale – Arcadia, CA – $70,000,000
- Royal Hotel – Las Vegas purchase – $35,000,000
- Ocotillo Plaza Tropicana Shopping Center – Las Vegas property assembly and purchase – $18,000.000
- Rainbow-Mardon Shopping Center – Las Vegas purchase- $7,500,000
- 3401 Harbour Center Dr – Phoneix, AZ purchase – $3,000,000
- Bonhams and Butterfield – Los Angeles sale – $19,500,000
- Captain D’s (Building) – Memphis, TN purchase – $2,000,000
- 3401 El Cajon Blvd – San Diego purchase – $4,800,000
- Goodwill (building) – Plainfield Township, MI purchase – $2,000,000
ASSOCIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Southwestern University School of Law – J.D. (Practicing attorney)
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University – BS Aeronautics
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University – Associates – Aeronautics
- Member – California Association of Realtors
- Member – California, Washington, D.C., Missouri Bar Associations
- Member – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Member – United States Judo Federation
- Member – Screen Actor’s Guild
- Veteran – US – Air Force – Air Traffic Controller